|UPDATES: St. Peter's Hospital Fire|
|UPDATES: St. Peter's Hospital Fire
LAST UPDATED: November 7, 2017 @ 1:25pm
On Nov. 5, a fire occurred in an unoccupied wing of St. Peter's Hospital in Hamilton. No one was harmed however, some damage to patient care areas required that 96 patients be relocated to neighbouring hospitals while clean-up takes place. Hamilton Health Sciences thanks its staff, physicians, and many community partners for their quick and professional response to the situation. Further details and updates are available below.
- 96 patients were moved on Nov. 5 to neighbouring centres while affected patient care areas are cleaned and inspections have occurred. Those centres include: Juravinski Hospital, Hamilton General Hospital, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton, and Joseph Brant Hospital.
- Hamilton Health Sciences will work to move these patients back to St. Peter's Hospital as soon as the site is back to normal operations.
- HHS continues to work with its partners and the LHIN to ensure patient care, safety and everyone’s wellbeing.
INFORMATION FOR FAMILY MEMBERS
- St. Peter's Hospital has reopened to visitors.
- Hamilton Health Sciences will contact family members directly about any changes to their loved one's location or care.
- Family members seeking information about their loved ones are asked to call hospital paging at 905-777-3837.