Hospital Elder Life Program
905 521 2100 ext 42801
Who We Are:
Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
Clinical Director: Jennifer Kodis
Clinical Manager: Barb Ansley
The Hospital Elder Life Team: The HELP Team consists of Elder Life Specialists, Elder Life Clinical Nurse Specialist, Doctors and highly trained volunteers.
Volunteers provide services up to 4 times a day, 7 days a week:
- Visits by a friendly person every day
- Activities to keep the mind working
- Social Activities
- Help with movement and walking
- Help to relax and sleep without medication
- Help with eating and provide company during meals
- Help with special needs for seeing and hearing
The HELP team works with patients over 70 years old. We are on Wards 8South and 8 West at the Hamilton General Hospital and Wards B3, E3, F3 and F5 at the Juravinski Hospital.
HELP is a delirium prevention program.
We know that many seniors, while in hospital, have problems with their memory, thinking and mobility. The Hospital Elder Life Program helps keep the mind and body as active as possible.
No referral is needed. Patients in these areas of the hospital are checked to see if this program will work for them.
Becoming A Volunteer
We are always looking for volunteers to join our team! We provide the training you will need! Please click here for more information.
HELP Workshop Materials:
- Preventing delirium while in hospital
- Patient Baseline Assessment
- HELP Data for Quality Improvement
- HELP Evidence Presentation 2012
Starting HELP At Your Hospital; A One-Day Workshop – December 10, 2013
Geriatric Certificate Program